How Does It Works?In Epocu you can start your own game campaign. However, only game concept and upcoming games which eligible to start a new campaign. In fact, if your game still in alpha/ beta phase, they're valid too. The best thing you can make as many campaign as you like, but remember be responsible!
Epocu will allow you to share your game concept for free, if we (as supporter) loves your game concept, we can use the social button to share about your game campaign. The post will be shared once you got 100% supported. How does it counted? Calm down, let me tell you later.
Why You Need Epocu?
Making games require much money. So here in Epocu, you can share your game concept first before decided to work more on it. Well, though the last decision depends on your hand, but by using Epocu you can know what users like, what users dislike. As developer you can also get in touch with us (supporter) by using Disqus comment section. Epocu is an easy way to help you getting early feedback for your game concept/ upcoming games.
Any unreleased game can use Epocu too. For example: Size DOES Matter used Epocu several weeks before the game release worldwide and the campaign got funded. When the campaign got 100% supported on the end of the scheduled date, the supporters will post automatically about the game on their social media page (can be twitter or facebook or tumblr) and it means that you can expect more people will knowing about your through those supporters.
How To Start A Campaign In Epocu?
1. Choose + AddGame button
2. Write your upcoming game title
4. Add your game website, can be dev log or official website. You can write it directly or use shortening url service such as bit.ly or goo.gl
6. Pick your game category (genre)
7. Write your game description. Tell about your game concept (story), key features, what platform your game will be available, status of your game (game concept, early alpha build, or beta build), company history, what you hope from this campaign, etc. Don't forget to add more images (artwork, in-game screenshot (if available), character sketches, etc) along with video of your game progress. Make it brief but clear and easy to understand.
10 is reasonable number for game ideas/ concept, 25-50 is recommended for small game company, 75-100 is suitable for medium size game company, and 200-300 is recommended for large game company. Be careful to choose your number of supporter, always remember if you can reach unlimited supporters here. So please consider it carefully before you choose the number.
9. Schedule your game campaign. I recommend you to end your campaign 3 days until 1 week before your game be released. If you reach the number of supporters you were aiming for, your supporters messages will be shared on social media on that day.
10. Add your personal email, so Epocu can use it to contact you
11. Add your company/ personal twitter account. It's easier for us (supporters) to contact with you
12. That's it. You done. Click publish, but remember you can't edit your campaign once you clicked publish. So read everything carefully, make sure you have wrote everything important inside. It usually took about 2-3 business day for your campaign got approved by Epocu. Please be patient, embed the epocu campaign on your website and share the link to your friends, social media, family, etc. Good luck :)
Disclaimer: I'm not affiliate with Epocu. I wrote this because I care about game development, and I think Epocu is a great way for gamer also developer to support indie games :). More info about Epocu, please click here.
All screenshots were made by me for example purpose only. No copyright related and if there's a copyright, that's the mustache which made by me :p